Friday, January 16, 2009

Designs of Henry Lowenstein: Denver Public Library

Image from the Denver Public Library's exhibition of
Hentry Lowenstein's theatrical designs and drawings.


January 21 - March 29,2009 The Denver Public Library is hosting an exhibition focused on the theatrical designs of Henry Lowenstein, a well known member of the Denver theatre community. The exhibition will be located at the Central Library on level 5 in the Gates Reading Room.

The Gate Reading Room at the main branch of The Denver Public Library

I had the opportunity to work with Mr. Lowenstein while I was in middle school. It was my honor to spend two summers while in middle school performing and working as a technician at the Denver Civic Theatre, which was founded and at the time operated by Mr. Lowenstein. I had the opportunity to work with him directly while hanging lights for The Mikado which was part of a series of plays Henry produced during the summer months and in association with the Denver Public School system.
One of Mr. Lowensein's theatrical drawings.

I am looking forward to this exhibition and the rare opportunity to see a selection of his drawings and theatrical designs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.